Evans Vintage Cool 180 5 Litres

Evans
X651
Required Qty AR
Add to cart
  • Description
  • More

  • Evans waterless engine coolants eliminate the threat of overheating and also stop any corrosion dead inside a cooling system due to the fact that there is no water and therefore no oxygen present in the fluid.
  • The coolant also allows the system to run at a much lower pressure as there is virtually zero steam generation making it much less stressful on hoses, gaskets and seals.
  • Another of the main advantages is that the inhibitors within the patented synthetic formulation stay good for the lifetime of an engine and therefore will never need topping up or replenishing.

A waterless engine coolant specially formulated for Vintage vehicles. Vintage Cool 180º protects engine cooling systems from -40ºC to 180ºC. The unique properties prevent many of the problems associated with water based coolants such as Corrosion and Overheating.

A waterless engine coolant specially formulated for vintage vehicles.

  • No Water - No Overheating
    Vintage Cool 180° has a boiling point of 180°C and will not boilover.
  • No Water - No Corrosion
    Water contains oxygen, oxygen allows corrosion. Vintage Cool 180° eliminates corrosion.
  • No Water - No Pressure
    Vintage Cool 180° allows your cooling system to run at a lower pressure, reducing the strain on engine components.
  • No Water - No Liner Pitting
    Vintage Cool 180° generates significantly less pitting when compared with all water based coolants.
  • No Water - More BHP
    Vintage Cool 180° eliminates premature detonation associated with overheating.

The Science
 


No Overheating
Traditional water based coolants regularly cross the thermal boundary that separates Efficient Nucleate Boiling (A) from Inefficient Critical Heat Flux. CHF leads to localised film boiling (B) and steam bubbles circulating throughout the cooling system, which often results in overheating and combustion issues. Evans Waterless Coolants boil above 180º C ensuring effective cooling and efficient fuel burn is maintained for all engine loads and ambient air temperatures.

More BHP
When water-based coolants vapourise adjacent to the combustion zone, hot-spots are formed.  These hot-spots have been proven to cause pre-ignition in petrol engines and detonation issues in diesel engines. Evans Waterless Coolants eliminates hot-spots and subsequently improve combustion efficiency and increase power delivery.

No Corrosion
Water is the root cause of corrosion in all cooling systems, via oxidation (rusting) and galvanic (electrolytic) action. Evans coolants do not contain dissolved oxygen and have a much lower conductivity (increased resistivity) compared with water-based coolants. Subsequently replacing water with Evans non-aqueous solution eliminates corrosion and the need to periodically refresh or replenish the coolant.

No Pressure
Water requires additional (cap) pressure to prevent it boiling within the engine. This additional pressure can vary between 7psi and 29psi (0.5 Bar to 2 Bar) which places significant stress on cooling system components, including hoses, gaskets and radiators. Evans Waterless Coolants generate much lower pressures, in the region of 4psi, and therefore reduces strain on all components.

No Liner Pitting
Liner pitting is primarily caused by the rapid formation and collapse of small steam bubbles on the metal surface. Over several years this process can lead to severe surface erosion and deep liner pitting. Evans Waterless Coolants are not prone to forming vapour bubbles and proven, by SAE trials, to virtually eliminate surface erosion and pitting.

4 Life
Evans Waterless Coolants never need changing. Once in the cooling system Evans will protect for the life of the engine.

Anti-Freeze
Evans Waterless Coolants will not freeze even at temperatures as low as -40°C. Additional anti-freeze is not necessary.

Non-Toxic
Evans Waterless Coolants contain our patented DeTox™ formulation and has been classified as Non-Toxic by an EPA certified laboratory. However as with all chemicals, do not consume. Keep away from children. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Rinse hands and eyes with water after incidental contact.